Marianne completed her Bsc(hons) in Physiotherapy in Oxford in 2002 and has been living and working in London for the last 11 years. She is registered with the Health Professions Council and is a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and the Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists.
Marianne has specialised in working with babies and children since 2004. She has worked in a variety of NHS hospitals and has experience of working closely with schools and nurseries. Since 2011 Marianne has been working at The Portland Hospital for Women and Children. At the end of 2013 she left the Portland Hospital to work independently.
Marianne specialises in providing assessment and treatment for babies and children in the following areas:-
- Developmental assessments of babies and young children, with specialist interest in the developmental follow up of babies born prematurely.
- Newborn baby assessment to check for positional abnormalities present from birth – feet, hips, head and neck (treatment of positional talipies, torticollis, erbs palsy and plagiocephaly)
- Musculoskeletal aches and pains
- Inflammatory pain disorders such as Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Physiotherapy rehabilitation after sporting injuries, sprains and fractures.
- Treatment of orthopaedic conditions common in childhood eg perthes, SUFE’s, osgood slatters disease, severs disease
- Strengthening post orthopaedic surgery
- Neurological conditions such as Cerebral Palsy
- Neuro-muscular disorders such as SMA and DMD
- Developmental delay
- Developmental co-ordination disorder (DCD), poor co-ordination or balance
- Poor posture and postural pain syndromes
- Rehabilitation after a prolonged period of illness resulting in weakness and a loss of physical function
Marianne offers a child and family centered approach providing specialist assessment and advice plus individualised treatment programs, in the home, at a time convenient to you. Visits to schools and nurseries can be arranged on request.