JMC Physiocures Motherwell provides the local people with access to specialised physiotherapy assessment and treatment for musculoskeletal pains and injuries, sports injuries and pain conditions.
JMC Physiocures has six clinics in Lanarkshire, the others being at Coatbridge, Airdrie, Hamilton, Rutherglen and Hillington.
- Physiotherapy. We can help you with your neck or back pain, joint pains, sports injuries and pain conditions. Our techniques include mobilisation and manipulation, acupuncture, analysis of gait, exercises and advice on pain relief. We concentrate on speeding your recovery so you can get on with your life.
- Pre-Surgery and Post-Surgery. We can help you prepare for surgery in the best condition or plan your rehabilitation so the operation turns out the best for your abilities.
- Children’s Physiotherapy. We have staff skilled in managing paediatric musculoskeletal conditions and injury.
- Physiotherapy for Women’s Health. Our expert physiotherapist can assess and help you with pain problems in pregnancy, pelvic floor weakness, pelvic pain, incontinence and other related issues.
- Occupational Health Physiotherapy. Our thorough ergonomic assessments include on-site desk assessments and advice on whether you might need equipment or alterations. Our physios can treat your staff and give the education to help prevention. Musculoskeletal conditions such as back or neck pain are responsible for around nine million lost work days per year.
- Pain Management. Our therapists are specialists in managing long-term pain problems such as chronic back pain. They can design a programme for you to improve your pain and increase your physical abilities.
- Sports Injuries. Our physiotherapy staff can assess and treat sports injuries at all levels from beginners to elite and professional sportsmen and women.
- Display Screen Equipment and Ergonomic Assessments. We cover your legal obligations on display screen equipment along with our comprehensive occupational health service.
- Clinical Pilates. This very popular exercise format helps posture, strength, flexibility and can be very useful for neck pain and back pain amongst other conditions. One-to-one sessions are available for privacy or for intensive supervision before joining one of our classes.
- Acupuncture. Our practitioners are all skilled in acupuncture, used for relaxation, muscle tension, pain and to improve energy.
- Massage. Our skilled massage therapists can help you with muscle tension, injuries, trigger point problems, stress and pain problems.
Some specialised services may only be available at a particular clinic.
Our physiotherapy staff are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP) and the Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (AACP). All our physiotherapists are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
JMC Physiocures has been offering physiotherapy in Motherwell's Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility and has been an integral part of the centre since it opened in 2009. We have three physiotherapists working from this clinic and offer appointments from Monday to Friday with some evening availability. There is free on-site parking with disabled parking bays.
At JMC Physiocures Motherwell, we provide flexible appointments with a number of hands-on treatment approaches tailored to your individual needs.