In Hamilton, JMC Physiocures has specialist physiotherapy staff with wide experience in the treatment and management of a wide range of joint pains, injuries, sports injuries and pain conditions.
JMC Physiocures has six clinics in Lanarkshire, the others being at Coatbridge, Airdrie, Rutherglen, Motherwell and Hillington.
- Physiotherapy. Our physios are experts at relieving back or neck pain, knee and shoulder problems, sports injuries and pain issues. We use joint mobilisations, acupuncture, gait practice, individualised exercises and advice to remove the pain and return you to your chosen activities as soon as possible.
- Pre and Post-Surgery. Getting into good shape before surgery can improve your outcome. We can prepare you for the op and help you rehabilitate so that you get the best results.
- Physiotherapy for Children. Our staff have the skills and experience to assess and treat paediatric injuries and pain problems.
- Women’s Health. Our specialised staff have the skills to assess and treat pregnancy-related pain, pelvic floor control, pelvic pain, incontinence and other related issues.
- Occupational Health. Work-related musculoskeletal disorders account for around nine million lost days of work each year. Our experience in assessing workplace ergonomics enables us to both advise on equipment and alterations and manage your staff’s problems with an eye on prevention.
- Pain Management. Pain management strategies can help manage pain conditions which have not been helped by standard treatments. This includes chronic back pain, post-operative pain and whiplash injuries.
- Physiotherapy for Sports Injuries. We don’t just cater for high-level athletes or professional sportspersons, we also help people who exercise at a much lower level, just for enjoyment and fitness.
- Ergonomic Assessment and DSE Compliance. Our occupational health package ensures you are legally-compliant with the regulations on workers’ welfare.
- Clinical Pilates. Pilates is a system to increase strength, flexibility and stability and is very popular. One-to-one sessions can be good to learn the exercises in detail before progressing onto our classes. for supervised learning of the techniques and then progress customers into classes.
- Acupuncture. Acupuncture is a useful addition to therapies such as physiotherapy, particularly if pain is the major problem. Calming the pain can allow physiotherapy to work on the problem.
- Massage. Different massage techniques focus on helping stresses, muscle strains, sports injuries, trigger point muscle problems and pain problems.
Some specialised services may only be available at a particular clinic.
Our physiotherapy staff are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP) and the Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (AACP). All our physiotherapists are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
JMC Physiocures/Revie Physiocures opened in November 2016. We have taken over the clinic from Margaret Revie, who has retired after 40 years of private practice work with Revie Physiotherapy based in Hamilton where she built a very successful clinic.
The clinic is based just off Almada Street, directly across from the mini garage behind Mustaq's Indian restaurant. There is on-site parking for £1 for 1 hour and the clinic is very accessible by public transport. We have three physiotherapists working from Hamilton and offer appointments from Monday to Friday with some evening availability.